Have you ever thought of owning the Batpod from The Dark Knight Rises? Or perhaps Arnold Schwarzenegger’s costume from Terminator 2? Why not a helmet of a TIE fighter from Star Wars? Well you’ve come to the right place! An auction of movie memorabilia from Prop Store has been announced and it’s taking place on Tuesday 27th September at London’s BFI IMAX, presented by Odeon.
More than 500 rare and iconic lots will be sold during Prop Store’s unique Entertainment Live Auction which is going to be live streamed on the day itself. There is also a free preview for the public, which opens on Wednesday 14th September where over 300 lots will be displayed for the upcoming auction.
Batman’s Batsuits from The Dark Knight Rises and Batman Begins are expected to make £40-60K and £30-40K respectively whilst the TIE Pilot Helmet from Star Wars Episode IV could fetch up to £70K plus the clapperboard from Steven Spielbergs’s Jaws could make up to £40K.
The top items being sold at the Prop Store auction include:
- Batman’s Batsuit from The Dark Knight Rises (2012) £40k-£60k
- TIE Pilot Helmet from Star Wars: A New Hope (1977) £50k-£70k
- Hero Batpod Vehicle from The Dark Knight Rises (2012) £60k-£80k
- Steven Spielberg’s Clapperboard from Jaws (1975) £30k-£40k
- Batman’s Batsuit from Batman Begins (2005) £30k-£40k
- Sloth Mask from The Goonies (1985) £30k-£40k
- Harry Potter Hogwarts Acceptance Letter with Wax Seal from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001) £3k-£5k
- Richard Attenborough’s Personal Annotated Script from Jurassic Park (1993) £4k-£6k
- Keira Knightley’s Wedding Dress from Love Actually (2003) £5k-£7k
- Scully (Gillian Anderson) & Mulder (David Duchovny) FBI Photo ID & Badge from The X-Files (1993-2002) £3k-£5k each
Have a look at some of the lots below (pretty, aren’t they?? I WANT ALL OF THE STAR WARS AND BATMAN ONES!) and see which one you would like. Scroll just a little further for all the details on the fantastic event.
Registration is now open at www.propstore.com/liveauction. Online proxy bids can be submitted from Thursday 1 September.
The Prop Store preview exhibition will coincide with a number of special screenings at the BFI IMAX, including classics such as Gladiator, Top Gun and the Christopher Nolan-directed The Dark Knight trilogy. What’s more, film fans who pre-book their tickets for the screenings will have a chance of winning some exclusive movie artefacts, including Barbarian’s sword and scabbard from Gladiator as well as a Gotham Rogues t-shirt and a Batcave hanging bat from The Dark Knight trilogy.
More titles will be announced by ODEON soon and all will take inspiration from the iconic film props that will be going on sale. For more information and to book tickets, visit: www.odeon.co.uk/bfiimax.
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, comments, ‘We’re thrilled to announce our third live auction in London and are excited to be partnering with ODEON again. This year brings an opportunity for film fans and collectors alike to view some of the world’s most iconic film and TV items for free, and bid to secure their own pieces of movie and television history. A truly unique event for a global audience.’
These lots which are available to bid on and which you can see on display two weeks prior to the auction itself. The free preview opens on Wednesday 14th – 27th September and opening hours are 10:00am – 9.30pm at BFI IMAX, Waterloo, London, SE1 8XR. The auction will go live on Tuesday 27th September from 12:00pm.
Keep. It. Reel.